New UCAS data show another increase for English students studying at Scottish Higher Education Institutions. But since 2012, Scottish HEIs can charge English students as much as £9k per year = £36k for a 4 year degree, versus max £27k in England. Strange that English participation in Scotland HEIs keeps rising!
ABB Admin Aspirations bursaries claire crawford competition contextual admissions election ethnicity gender georg-graetz Gill Wyness Graduates he finance Hello HESA immigration inequality information Institute of Education Jake Anders John Micklewright labour markets Lucy Hunter Marcel Gerard marketisation mobility Outcomes overeducation participation Postgraduate education predicted grades quality RAB returns to degrees Richard Murphy Scotland Scottish Government Social mobility Steve Gibbons Steve Machin Student debt Student loan student numbers tuition fees UCAS universities university quality university rankings Vikki Boliver widening participation
- Lessons from the End of Free College in England
- Grade prediction system means the brightest, poorest students can miss out on top university places
- US Elections: messing with the small print won’t address the issue of student debt
- Higher education, career opportunities, and intergenerational inequality
- Degrees benefit society – even when students don’t get ‘graduate jobs’